During the 1860's, Methodist in Booneville were served by Circuit Riders for the Arkansas Conference.
Late in the year of 1867, the Booneville Church was orgainzed as a "Society." The organizational meeting
was held in the log school house east of Booneville Creek on Highway 10. Reverend F.M. Moore was appointed the first pastor of the Booneville Circuit.
On June 2, 1909, the Booneville Church purchased property one block north of Highway 10 on Broadway.
A red-brick building was completed in 1911--the cornerstone having been laid in 1910. For over one-hundred years, Methodists in Booneville have continued to worship in this building. Over the years various parts of the building have been remodeled.
We've Made History
We are pleased to announce that our building was accepted into the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program in April 2011 and in the National Register of Historic Places in August 2011.