Miss something? Check out our Past Events to see what you missed!
The River Valley United Methodist Churches are hosting Sunday evening Lenten services beginning on February 14. Pastors from the area churches will lead the worship service, although the pastor will not necessarily be leading worship at his/her church. The dates, times, host churches and speakers are listed below. Everyone is invited to attend. If you need a ride to any of the Lenten Evening Services, please contact the church office.
- Ash Wednesday, February 14th, 6:00 pm at Booneville UMC, Mike Smith
- Ash Wednesday, February 14th, 7:00 pm at Vesta UMC, Andrew Kjorlaug
- Sunday, February 18th, 6:00 pm at Charleston FUMC , Mike Smith
- Sunday, February 25th, 6:00 pm at Cecil UMC, Jeff Jackson
- Sunday, March 4th, 6:00 pm at Altus/Grenade's Chapel UMC, Geral Holloway
- Sunday, March 11th, 6:00 pm at Paris UMC, Yvonne Case
- Sunday, March 18th, 6:00 pm at Cole's Chapel UMC, Judy Hall
- Sunday, March 25th, 6:00 pm at Ozark FUMC, Dale Richards
Living Last Supper
Living Last Supper Reenactment reveals to us some of the thought of the disciples as they encounter disturbing words from Jesus, their host at the Passover Seder meal. This reenactment will be presented two times this Lenten season, on Thursday and Friday, March 29 and 30, beginning at 7:00 p.m. each night in the Booneville High School Auditorium. In addition to members of our church participating in this presentation, members from area churches will also be filling roles as the disciples. The community has been invited to attend this event. This is not only an excellent means of experiencing the significance of Maundy Thursday; it is also an exceptional opportunity to share the gospel message with the community.
Again this year we will have MOVIE NIGHT on the last Sunday evening of the month in the Family Life Center at 6:00. The showings will be faith-based and we'll have popcorn and snacks for everyone! Admission is a donated item for the Backpack or Helping Hands food programs.
Caring and Sharing Picnic
will resume in a few weeks
Caring for the poor and addressing the issue of humger can be complex and overwhelming. But through events like this picnic, our church not only provides something to eat and drink we also offer hope, encouragement, and sympathy. This is a ministry for the entire church.
If you are interested in becoming a part of this life-changing ministry please contact Nikki Parker.